Working Together to Drive Innovation.
MWS & Associates is a management consulting company that brings together passionate professionals with very diverse backgrounds and skillsets in order to provide a wide range of management consulting services to the public and private sectors.
For nearly three decades Dr. Maria Williams- Slaughter held leadership roles in public agencies and private companies. Her focus on continuously practicing servant leadership while improving efficiencies and effectiveness, has been the impetus for driving positive organizational changes and increasing revenues by hundreds of millions of dollars. Recognizing the comprehensive benefits associated with the provision of value-added service, Maria opened the doors to her business in 2015 with the aim of delivering innovative and sustainable solutions to her clients through wide ranging, high-quality, cost-effective management consulting services including training, strategic planning, and asset management / resource optimization. Her clients have included the Mattress Recycling Council – a national non- profit organization, the California State University Office of the Chancellor, the Department of Transportation, and a number of small businesses.
We cover all aspects of business development
I help public agencies and private companies better understand their current state and establish innovative pathways to improved efficiency and effectiveness
I work to increase the collective representation of small businesses in public agencies and the private sector
- B2B =Small to medium sized businesses who may not have (or need to supplement) their inhouse sourcing expertise
- B2G – Public agencies
- B2B – for- profit and non- profit organizations
- Public Works
- Resource Management
- Municipal Government
Our services include
Having worked in both public agencies and the private sector, I have seen many instances where there is minimal distribution and subsequently very few (if any) responses to various solicitations, Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Quotes (RFQs), and Information for Bids (IFBs).
Viable small and medium sized businesses that are seeking short- and long-term contracts have a difficult time identifying potential opportunities and securing additional sources of revenue, while organizations with open solicitations are forced to: a) go without certain services, b) add the associated responsibilities to their internal staff or c) continue to keep long term vendors in place whose contract costs far exceed the level of service provided.
My competitive advantage is based on my positive reputation with clients, my experience in a variety of sectors, my cross segmented network, my knowledge of operational and procurement systems and my success in securing and administering hundreds of millions of dollars in grants and contracts
Certifications & Awards
- Small/ Micro Business
- Woman Owned Minority Business Enterprise (WMBE)
- Minority/ Small Business Enterprise (MSBE)
- African American business Enterprise (AABE)
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB)
- Women’s Business Enterprise (WOSB)
- Women Owned Small Business (WMBE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- W.E. Deming Conference Scholarship
- Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program Graduate
- LA Council of Black Professional Engineers 50 Phenomenal Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- LiSC Grant Recipient
- Caltrans Grant Recipient
- Metro Net Tolls Grant Recipient
- SCAQMD MSRC Grant Recipient
- CalFire Grant Recipient
Drop us a line
Or you can reach